Appalachian State University is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of General Counsel. Appalachian is a constituent institution within the sixteen-campus University of North Carolina System. Located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northwestern North Carolina, in the town of Boone, Appalachian offers more than 150 undergraduate and graduate majors and has an enrollment of more than 18,800 undergraduate and graduate students. The university is recognized nationally for leadership in sustainability and consistently recognized nationally for academic excellence and value by prominent publications. Appalachian is a teaching institution with small classes in an innovative, interdisciplinary, and integrative curriculum supported by a faculty dedicated to research and invested in new strategies and technologies. Our faculty and staff inspire our students, who have a strong service ethic and involvement in the community.
Appalachian is strongly committed to inclusion and creating a diverse campus culture. We value diversity as the expression of human similarities and differences, as well as the importance of a living and learning environment conducive to knowledge, respect, acceptance, understanding and global awareness.
- Hank Foreman - Vice Chancellor and Chief of Staff, Committee Chair
- Mark Bachmeier - Human Resources Director
- Sharon Bell - Associate Vice Chancellor, Business Affairs
- Dr. Jacqui Bergman - Management, Department Chair
- Dr. Sue Edwards - Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, Academic Affairs
- Geoff Graham - Associate Vice Chancellor, University Advancement
- Katie Howard - Office Research, Staff
- Dr. Anatoli Ignatov - Sustainable Development, Faculty
- Travis O'Shell - Political Science, Senior, Student Representative
- Dr. Emmanuel Udogu - Government and Justice Studies, Faculty
- Leroy Wright - Associate Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs